- A grassy quadrangle surrounded by cloisters
- A clearing in the woods; as such, part of many placenames in northern England
- In the context of "paganism": A group or a household dedicated to the pagan faith Heathenry.
- In the context of "paganism": A word for a location or sacred space, as used in ritual and poetry in modern Heathenry .
A garth is an enclosed yard or garden, especially that of a monastery cloister (ME.; ON, garthr; akin to AS. geard)
In addition, Garth may refer to these real people:
- Garth Brooks, top-selling American country music artist
- Garth Crooks, former Stoke City and Tottenham Hotspur footballer
- Garth Ennis, Irish comics writer
- Garth Hudson, Canadian organist for The Band
- Garth Jennings, film director in Hammer & Tongs team
- Garth Kenney, CSA at the Identity and Passport Office
- Garth Nix, Australian fantasy author
- Garth Williams, American children's book illustrator
- John Garth, 1701–1764, a British politician
- John Garth, 1721–1810, an English composer
- Jennie Garth, blonde American Beverly Hills 90210 actress
- Leonard I. Garth, American judge
- Sir Richard Garth, 1820-1903, Chief Justice of Bengal and Privy Counsellor
- Sir Samuel Garth, 1661-1719, British physician
- Charles Garth MP, c.1734-1784 MP for Devizes, British colonial agent, South Carolina
- Captain Thomas Garth RN -1841, British Naval Commander
Or these fictional characters:
- Garth Algar, Wayne's brilliant and geeky friend, portrayed by Dana Carvey in Wayne's World
- Garth of Izar, also known as Lord Garth, Master of the Universe, fictional insane character in Star Treks "Whom Gods Destroy"
- Garth (Shannara), fictional character in the The Heritage of Shannara series by Terry Brooks
- Garth (comics), a DC Comics superhero known as Aqualad and Tempest.
- Garth Marenghi, the fictional horror author
- Garth (comic strip), hero of long-running British newspaper strip, in the 1970s drawn by Frank Bellamy
Or these places or things:
- Garth (Scotland), castle in Perthshire
- Garth, Shetland, settlement on the Shetland Islands
- Garth, Bridgend, village in Wales
- Garth, Powys, village in Wales
- Garth, one of many other minor place names in the United Kingdom
- Planet Garth, setting of David Brin's novel The Uplift War.
- Garth, pagan local worship group
garth in German: Garth
garth in Dutch: Garth